Captcha Image not loading on mobile

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Edited Feb 13, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Hi,

I've implemented Captcha Image which is being access over desktop browser and mobile. With desktop browser there is no issue but on mobile version it shows the red cross mark for the first time only and later on it works fine.

Is there a way to know whether the image is loaded or not. If not, try loading again. My implementation in UI is
<%: Html.Captcha("TryAnother", "", 5, "IsRequired")%>
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Hi,

What mobile browser do you use? It occurs in all cases, or sometimes?

Regards,
Vyacheslav Volkov
Feb 14, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Hi,

It happens with iPhone as well as on Android phones.

It happens only at first time and then successive time it works fine.

This page with Captcha Image is being access via WebView , so user needs to go back to App and then user needs to come back to same page where it shows the image.

I'm wondering if there is a provision of checking whether the image has been loaded successfully or not?
Coordinator
Feb 15, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Edited May 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Hi,

It's occured because you can take an image for a token only once, the storage provider delete the value for the token.
In the current version it impossible to check whether the image has been loaded successfully or not.
But if you can create links for mobile devices like this: http://test.com/content?generateNew=true, and then handle redraw manually via JavaScript.
If you will need an example, I can write it later.

Regards,
Vyacheslav Volkov
Mar 14, 2013 at 10:34 PM
It will be great if you can provide an example to it.
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Edited May 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Hi,
I added an example to the download page. In this example, I create the StorageProviderWrapper class, which allows multiple requests to one token.
I hope this helps, if you have any questions, write, and I try to answer.

Regards,
Vyacheslav Volkov